The right choice for the environment
We require that all of our fabrics come from environmentally sustainable sources as conservation and preservation are at the core of our values.
For this bodycon dress, we use the TENCEL™ Lyocell / Merino Wool premium blend for the outer layer and recycled nylon for the inner mesh lining.
Environmental information of TENCEL™ Lyocell:
- TENCEL™ Lyocell is made of cellulose, a natural component of wood, making it compostable and biodegradable (source), earning it the United States Dept of Agriculture (USDA) BioPreferred® designation.
- TENCEL™ Lyocell production uses significantly less water and land compared to that of other fibers, such as regular cotton. (source)
- TENCEL™ Lyocell closed loop production captures waste gases and converts them into raw material, which are then returned to production. (source)
Environmental information of Merino Wool:
- Merino Wool is rapidly biodegradable (source)
- Merino Wool is 100% natural (source)
Environment information of recycled nylon:
- Recycled nylon diverts waste from landfills and the ocean, since nylon makes up many items such as clothes, packaging, fishing nets, etc. (source)
- Recycled nylon production consumes fewer resources in production than virgin nylon (source)
- Recycled nylon significantly reduces energy and greenhouse gas emissions (source)