We require that all of our fabrics come from environmentally sustainable sources as conservation and preservation are at the core of our values.
For this bodycon dress, we use the TENCEL™ Lyocell / Merino Wool premium blend for the outer layer and recycled nylon for the inner mesh lining.
Environmental information of TENCEL™ Lyocell:
- TENCEL™ Lyocell is made of cellulose, a natural component of wood, making it compostable and biodegradable (source), earning it the United States Dept of Agriculture (USDA) BioPreferred® designation.
- TENCEL™ Lyocell production uses significantly less water and land compared to that of other fibers, such regular cotton. (source)
- TENCEL™ Lyocell closed loop production captures waste gases and converts them into raw material, which are then returned to production. (source)
Environmental information of Merino Wool:
- Merino Wool is rapidly biodegradable (source)
- Merino Wool is 100% natural (source)
Environment information of recycled nylon:
- Recycled nylon diverts waste from landfills and the ocean, since nylon makes up many items such as clothes, packaging, fishing nets, etc. (source)
- Recycled nylon production consumes fewer resources in production than virgin nylon (source)
- Recycled nylon significantly reduces energy and greenhouse gas emissions (source)