We require that all of our fabrics come from environmentally sustainable sources as conservation and preservation are at the core of our values.
For this A-line dress, we use TENCEL™ Lyocell for the outer layer and recycled nylon for the inner mesh lining as primary components.
Environmental information of TENCEL™ Lyocell:
- TENCEL™ Lyocell is made of cellulose, a natural component of wood, making it compostable and biodegradable (source), earning it the United States Dept of Agriculture (USDA) BioPreferred® designation.
- TENCEL™ Lyocell production uses significantly less water and land compared to that of other fibers, such as regular cotton. (source)
- TENCEL™ Lyocell closed loop production captures waste gases and converts them into raw material, which are then returned to production. (source)
Environment information of recycled nylon:
- Recycled nylon diverts waste from landfills and the ocean, since nylon makes up many items such as clothes, packaging, fishing nets, etc. (source)
- Recycled nylon production consumes fewer resources in production than virgin nylon (source)
- Recycled nylon significantly reduces energy and greenhouse gas emissions (source)