We require that all of our fabrics come from environmentally sustainable sources as conservation and preservation are at the core of our values.
For this sweater, we use the TENCEL™ Lyocell/Organic Cotton blend as the primary component.
Environmental information of TENCEL™ Lyocell:
- TENCEL™ Lyocell is made of cellulose, a natural component of wood, making it compostable and biodegradable (source), earning it the United States Dept of Agriculture (USDA) BioPreferred® designation.
- TENCEL™ Lyocell production uses significantly less water and land compared to that of other fibers, such as regular cotton. (source)
- TENCEL™ Lyocell closed loop production captures waste gases and converts them into raw material, which are then returned to production. (source)
Environment information of Organic Cotton:
- Organic cotton is grown without toxic and persistent pesticides, leaving the soil, air and water free from harmful contaminates (source)
- Production of organic cotton uses 88% less water and 62% less energy compared to conventional cotton (source)